The Android Emulator Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't get Ocarina of Time to open

3 posters

Go down

Can't get Ocarina of Time to open Empty Can't get Ocarina of Time to open

Post  crossword Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:43 am

I have had success with a number of other games using N64oid on my Samsung Galaxy SII, but even after downloading several different ROMs of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, none of them work for me. I just get the message, "Load ROM failed,please try another file".

Since I see that it is on the compatibility list, and many people are talking about it working for them, I can' figure out why it's not working for me, on a pretty capable phone. Can anyone give some thoughts on this?

I am using the latest version of N64oid, 2.6, no root, and running gingerbread.

crossword

Back to top Go down

Can't get Ocarina of Time to open Empty Re: Can't get Ocarina of Time to open

Post  crossword Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:38 am

To add to the mystery: I accidentally downloaded a pack with something like 40 different ROMs of this game, and tried most of them and couldn't get a single one to run.

Has anyone played OOT on a Samsung GSII since the newest update? Any chance the update lost compatibility for this game somehow?

crossword

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillou68310 Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:48 am

That's weird I am also using N64oid v2.6 on my Galaxy SII and I have no problem running zelda OOT, maybe you can try to remove n64oid and make a new installation!

Gillou68310

Back to top Go down

Post  crossword Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:17 am

Thanks for that suggestion - I tried it, but it didn't change anything. I have tried the ROM you're using and it's still not working for me. Very strange.

crossword

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:43 pm

Hmmm are you running on a custom rom?

Admin
Admin

https://androidemulators.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  crossword Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:45 pm

OK, I was able to get it to work by saving to my phone's internal memory instead of the SD card.

I wonder if there's some issue with the Zelda games being run from external SD - since both Zelda games are the biggest N64 titles I have tried, perhaps the micro SD is too slow to read them properly into memory, and it times out or something? The card I have is, I think, the slowest speed of micro SD.

Well, anyway I got it working! If nobody else has had a similar issue then it must be a weird issue with my SD card rather than anything to do with the emulator.

crossword

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down