The Android Emulator Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bluetooth/ controller clarification

Go down

bluetooth/ controller clarification Empty bluetooth/ controller clarification

Post  saikkuss Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:33 pm

I have wiimotes and a classic controller extension for wiimote. I run xperia play, 2.3.2, cdma, verizon. I saw that thanks to bluetooth feature that ppl can use wiimotes with this app. If I add the classic controller extention to my wiimote, will it still work? I dont see why not but I realized that the extension has many more buttons and is almost exactly like an n64 controller. Has anyone else done this?

saikkuss

Back to top Go down

bluetooth/ controller clarification Empty Re: bluetooth/ controller clarification

Post  vgf89 Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:39 am

It does work. However, Bluez IME (the one on Google Code, not from the market, that has wiimote support) has a minor issue with the Classic Controller not being calibrated correctly. You can't get 100% movement on the sticks, as Bluez will only bring it to around 80%. This causes some problems in racing games and will make movement slower. That bug should be fixed eventually, but the support for Classic Controller is definitely there, as I have used it multiple times.

BTW, don't use any IME for your wiimote other than Bluez. N64oid supports full analogue control through Bluez IME, not the stupid repetitive button clicking that other IMEs have. Just install Bluez IME, then set up your controller(s) and change all of the settings you need from within N64oid's settings. You don't even need to open the Bluez IME app

vgf89

Back to top Go down