The Android Emulator Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

will n64oid will support Xperia PLAY touch pads ?

5 posters

Go down

will n64oid will support Xperia PLAY touch pads ? Empty will n64oid will support Xperia PLAY touch pads ?

Post  labba Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:24 am

Is there any plans to support Xperia Play touch pads ?

Regards,
LaBBa

labba

Back to top Go down

will n64oid will support Xperia PLAY touch pads ? Empty Re: will n64oid will support Xperia PLAY touch pads ?

Post  paulscode Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:01 pm

I'll be happy to write in the touchpad interface, if Yongzh doesn't mind a little collaboration. I've gotten good reviews from Xperia Play owners on the implementation I wrote for my app.
paulscode
paulscode

Back to top Go down

will n64oid will support Xperia PLAY touch pads ? Empty Re: will n64oid will support Xperia PLAY touch pads ?

Post  Admin Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:20 pm

paulscode wrote:I'll be happy to write in the touchpad interface, if Yongzh doesn't mind a little collaboration. I've gotten good reviews from Xperia Play owners on the implementation I wrote for my app.

Unfortunately this app is pretty much abandoned.
I'm glad I was able to help Yongzh while I could but haven't heard from him in quite some time.
Props to you though Paulscode on your N64 emulator. Looking forward to seeing it improve.

Admin
Admin

https://androidemulators.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  johnsongrantr Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:01 pm

i just wanted to drop in and say it is unfortunate developement has stopped

I have updated my xperia play to the official ICS beta rom from sony... and low and behold... the touchpads work on N64oid

there is one extremely extremely annoying problem though.... the touchpads are backwards for up and down... sooooo damn close man... I wish you could somehow talk to yongzh and have him make just the smallest of changes or add the option to reverse the orientation if possible

up = down
down = up
right = right
left = left

but it's full analog!

johnsongrantr

Back to top Go down

Post  johnsongrantr Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:00 pm

it's fixed in the newest update!

full analog in official ICS BETA

thanks yongzh!

EDIT:

one small niggle, and this may just be personal preference, maybe increase the sensitivity some?

to get full in any direction you really have to hit the outer diameter of the touchpads, I'm sure you can get used to it, but if you can make it smaller

shown in horrible ascii graphics below

(( 0 )) <--optical nub

((54321012345)) <-- 0 = center 5= outside

right now "full in any direction" is set to the 5 position , whereas 3 or 4 might be more preferred for "full in any direction"

again, not a major issue, I'm very happy to see this was implemented and so quick!

you're the man!

EDIT2 seems to be fine for some games but some others kinda annoying... i guess just leave it be, works good

johnsongrantr

Back to top Go down

Post  asterite Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:36 am

Is this emulator really abandoned? I see version 2.7 was released on april ( slideme.org/application/n64oid )

Also, I tried mupen64plus AE (by paulscode) and it doesn't work as well as n64oid. Where can I get the source code of n64oid (I think it's the best one so far)? I'd like to help.

Thanks!

asterite

Back to top Go down

Post  mp998 Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:19 am

here is the source code for n64oid i would love to see the xperia play controls implemented for gb use.

sourceforge.net/projects/n64oid/

mp998

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down