The Android Emulator Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to use Texture Packs

+2
mikael85
Admin
6 posters

Go down

How to use Texture Packs Empty How to use Texture Packs

Post  Admin Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Texture Packs are a feature in N64oid 2.6 that allow you to change how the game looks.
It has not really been explained how we use them so we will explain it now.

1. You need to first download the textures you want. Usually googling "N64 texture packs" gets the job done. Or name of the game Star Fox 64 Texture Packs(or hacks)

2. After you download your texture pack, unzip it. There should be a single folder, inside that folder you should see more folders called Characters, Ingame, Text, etc. (Depending on the game)

3. Move that folder to your SD Card \.n64oid\hires_texture\ (So if we downloaded a super smash bros texture it would look like \.n64oid\hires_texture\SMASH BROTHERS)

4. Next the name of the folder must match the "Rom Name" of your n64 game rom. To know the Rom Name:
-Download Tool64
-Open the folder where your roms are (File > Open)
-Right Click on the rom and select Rom Properties
-Look at the "Rom Name" value, that is what the folder needs to be named.

5. Open N64oid, go to Settings > Engine settings > Enable external textures. And turn those on.

6. Start the game up and all should be fine.

Cheers to Gillou68310 for the technical details. Very Happy

Last edited by Admin on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://androidemulators.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How to use Texture Packs Empty Nice

Post  mikael85 Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:19 pm

GOOD JOB making a sticky for this purpose. Zelda oot hi-res texture pack is amazing!

mikael85

Back to top Go down

How to use Texture Packs Empty Re: How to use Texture Packs

Post  Pixdroid Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:44 pm

How come I have to name the folder "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" when the rom is called "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) [!].z64?

And how come, when I do this, it works just as well with both european roms and american roms at the same time, even though they are named differently?

Pixdroid

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:04 pm

Pixdroid wrote:How come I have to name the folder "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" when the rom is called "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) [!].z64?

And how come, when I do this, it works just as well with both european roms and american roms at the same time, even though they are named differently?

There were no instructions on how to use the textures from the developer so I made the assumption that it loads the textures by matching the same name. If it works for you that way, then do it that way. As long as it works, that is the point of this topic.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://androidemulators.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pixdroid Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:33 am

I wasn't being sarcastic O.o
I want to know why it is this way, so I can understand what to name the folders for other games..

Pixdroid

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillou68310 Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:38 am

I wasn't being sarcastic O.o
I want to know why it is this way, so I can understand what to name the folders for other games..

Take a look at the "texture packs? where how?" thread, I've just explain why it is this way. Wink

Gillou68310

Back to top Go down

Post  cantcurecancer Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:15 pm

Anyone know why in OoT, when you use a texture pack, the sky is displayed incorrectly. It seems only a few textures for the sky are displayed, while most of the textures are the original textures from the rom. I've tried a couple different texture packs, and only part of the sky is affected...has anyone else come across this on n64oid?

How to use Texture Packs Shot000011
How to use Texture Packs Shot000012
How to use Texture Packs Shot000013

cantcurecancer

Back to top Go down

How to use Texture Packs Empty Texture packs work fine in Mupen64plus AE

Post  Br1ttan Tue May 22, 2012 2:53 pm

i have been recently working with paul on mupen64plus AE and have noticed that the texture packs work perfectly fine using the rice2n64 plugin would it be possible to port this into other N64oid program or is it asking to much lol.. it would be awesome and it would probably clear everything up with the texture pack problems everyones having

Br1ttan

Back to top Go down

How to use Texture Packs Empty Jabo's Direct3D GPU plugin on N64oid?

Post  INathan Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:24 pm

I just got an awesome texture pack for Super Smash Bros. that makes it look almost exactly like brawl. But the textures are in Jabo's format (with a different filename format), therefore can't be used with the actual plugin (Rice video). Is there a workaround to make this texture pack format work on N64oid? I've searched a lot on internet about the topic and the only solution would be creating a port of the Jabo GPU plugin for N64oid.

Thanks in advance!

INathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Clueless Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Can someone help me insert new textures into the right directory? I can't see anything starting with a dot on my non-rooted Nexus 7.

Did I just answer my own question? Is root required to do this?

Thanks!

Clueless

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down