Pokemon Stadium 2 graphics/display issues (& other errors)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pokemon Stadium 2 graphics/display issues (& other errors)

Post  lightsout on Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:10 pm

Hi, I'm new to n64 emulation (on android & in general) & I've encountered an issue that I could not resolve by generic googling. I found this forum & figured that if people here didn't know what's wrong, I probably wouldn't solve my problem.

I was able to play the handful of N64 games I downloaded on N64oid with no noticeable issue...that is, until I tried Pokemon Stadium 2. (The way I found this forum, was the master compatibility list, wherein I saw PS2 was reported as running fine...which added to my confusion). I tried 2 different physical rom files (a .z64 & .n64, found on different sites) on this emulator & on SuperN64 (another mupen based emulator) and I encountered the same issues on both (with both roms).

Where I first noticed problems was on the mini-game screen. It did not show the "buttons" of the 4 options you can chose from. I could see people in the corner & some of the word-bubbles (though it was distorted), but not the buttons. On SuperN64 I was able to see a tiny bit of the color of one of them (one time on the screen), but mostly it was distortion at best (or just the background screen) whenever I went to the mini-game screen.

Another graphics related issue was when trying to start a battle, the instructions telling you how the various C-buttons sort the list of pokemon by flickered (but mostly not visible), and on the screen to choose which 3 of your 6 pokemon to use, I could see nothing on my top half. (I could see the opponent on the bottom, but I only saw my side-bar that fills up with pokeballs as you pick someone. I could tell I was moving a cursor & around as I could hit A & select some, but I had no idea who I was selecting).

The non-graphics related issue was that when I tried to click on the "Play a Mini Game" option, it kept telling me that no-one joined when I hit A to join (it only let me watch 4 CPU players compete).

Does anyone know what is causing either or both of this issues? The phone I'm running N64oid on is a Droid Razr, if that matters (though it's ran things that are seemingly as or more intensive than PS2).

lightsout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top